STEVEN M. GORDON, CPA
Steven M. Gordon has been involved in technology consulting and supervision for 30+ years. Prior to forming his own consulting firm (Internet, Communications & Business Solutions, LTD. - ICBS) in March, 1998, he was a partner in the Certified Public Accounting firm of Frost, Ruttenberg & Rothblatt, P.C. (FR&R) where he acted as manager of their Management Information Systems group. In this position he was responsible for all internal computer activities within the firm (100+ users) as well as providing services to clients in the areas of: computer consulting, system selection and implementation and computer training and support over a wide range of applications. Gordon was responsible for FR&R's related company (Management Information Solutions, Inc.) which is a value added dealer of computer hardware and software and provides consulting, training and support services to a wide range of businesses.
Prior to joining FR&R, he was a partner in a large Chicago CPA firm, where he played an instrumental role in the development and implementation of that firm's strategic planning for management information systems.
His range of responsibilities have included:
· Consulting, training and support for a wide range of client solutions that provide networking, communications, accounting and office automation services.
· Supervision of all client services as they pertain to technology needs.
· Department head responsibility for all internal computer services of the firm.
· Responsibility for all computer planning, acquisitions, and support for firm functions.
· Designed and taught many internal computer training classes for client, internal administrative and client service personnel.
· Control and processing of all tax return processing and client write-up processing for the firm.
· Responsibility for the design, programming, implementation and support of a proprietary mini computer based Practice Management System (Time and Billing) including the purchase, training and support of the system which serviced 200+ users in three offices.
· Responsibility for planning and support of all internal office automation and specific departmental projects within the CPA firm.
· Served on the CPA firm's management committees.
Prior to 1984, Gordon was a partner at a mid-sized Chicago CPA firm. His responsibilities ranged from direct client service through the development of an internal Data Processing Department which processed over 400 client general ledgers and financial statements.
He has spoken on a number of issues pertaining to Management Information Systems including Practice Management Systems, office automation topics and networking topics. Gordon is a past Chairperson for the Information Technology Committee of the Illinois CPA Society and has been involved in numerous other committees.
Gordon is a graduate of Drake University and is a member of the Illinois CPA Society and the American Institute of CPA's.